Thursday, December 11, 2008

Harbourfront Swedish Christmas Bazaar







For any Christmas-o-phile, any Scandinavian Christmas festival is going to be chock-full of delights. This year's Swedish Christmas bazaar at Harbourfront was my first, and it was everything I hoped for. 3$ cups of the best glogg (mulled wine) I have ever had (maybe some of the strongest, too!) ginger snaps to DIE for, 4 10ft tables lined-up, filled with homemade gnome and elf ornaments, a huge food and candy table, a cafeteria with open-faced sandwiches and meatballs with lingonberries. Yup, that's what I'm into.

The place was packed, I mean packed, and LQ, Stoobes, Reva, Justy and I were there for 3 hours somehow. We were just about to leave, after a second look at the marketplace room, when the lights started to dim and a procession of little girls in white were led in by their choirmaster to perform songs for the St. Lucia pageant. Adorable. Made me pine for my choral days as a kid...

No comments: